By Coach Sky
The more experience I get, the more I realize many people think nutrition has to be complicated. They think they have to be on a restrictive diet. No more flavorful foods. No more pizza. No more weekend cocktails. That’s not nutrition. That’s restrictive dieting (and while it has its place, it’s not the be all and end all of improving your nutrition).
Nutrition is so much more. Nutrition is feeling better about yourself. Nutrition is progressing towards conquering habits that have a tendency to derail smaller and larger goals. Nutrition is about adopting a lifestyle that you can adhere to consistently.
Consistency is key when it comes to nutrition. However, that doesn’t mean that consistency always looks the same. As your goals change, so does your focus. For instance, sometimes the goal is weight loss, so the focus becomes daily practices, inputs, that get you to your goal, your ultimate output. Sometimes your goal is to simply improve your health. This might look like progressing towards eating higher quality foods that support better overall health.
Thus, nutrition boils down to this:
- Keep it simple!
- Don’t go too fast. 0 to 60 is rarely sustainable long term.
- Focus on daily actions that lead to consistency and success
So, what’s a nutrition coach for anyways? Why pay someone to help you reach your goals? Nutrition coaches like myself are here to help you on the journey. We
- Support you in your journey by building a solid connection with you
- Advise you in ways to reach your goals
- Hold 1:1 or small group sessions to maximize accountability
- Track your progress and develop meal focused plans
- Make data driven decisions to help with your success
- Celebrate with you when you reach goals and help redirect you when your daily actions are less consistent
- Help you understand various nutritional perspectives
- Motivate and inspire you to be better than you were yesterday
Nutrition doesn’t have to be complicated, and you don’t have to do it alone. It’s a journey, not an end point. Remember, the goal is progress, not perfection.
If you would like to learn more about our Nutrition Coaching Program, schedule a free Intro Call with us!